A cookie is a file or device which is downloaded onto the user’s computer/smartphone/tablet when access is gained to certain webpages in order to store and recover information from the terminal equipment. In addition to other tasks, they allow information on a user’s browsing habits to be stored and recovered in order to improve the service offered.
According to the different types of classification:
1. Two types can be differentiated depending on the entity that manages the domain from which cookies are sent and which processes the data obtained:
– First-party cookies: cookies which are sent to your terminal equipment by our own equipment or domains.
– Third-party cookies: cookies which are sent to your terminal equipment from equipment or a domain that belongs to another collaborating entity.
2. Depending on the time they remain stored in the terminal equipment, cookies may be:
– Session cookies: cookies which are activated while the user is accessing the website or for the provision of the service requested.
– Persistent cookies: cookies which are stored for a certain length of time in the user’s terminal equipment and to which the party responsible for them has access when the user connects to its website.
3. Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
– Technical cookies: cookies needed to use the website and for the provision of services.
– Customization cookies: cookies which allow the user to access a service with certain predefined general characteristics that depend on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal (language, type of browser, etc.).
– Analytic cookies: cookies which allow the behavior of all the users of the websites to which they are linked to be monitored and analyzed statistically.
– Advertising cookies: cookies which allow for the management of advertising spaces on the website, application or platform from which the service requested is provided.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: cookies which store users’ behavioral information obtained through the user’s browsing habits, which allow a specific profile to be set up in order to display advertising.
The cookies used on our website are identified below, along with their typology and function:
Customization and technical cookies which are strictly necessary to provide certain services that are explicitly requested by the user. If these cookies are disabled, our contents and services cannot be received correctly. Analytic cookies to monitor and statistically analyze the behavior of all users.
The way to do so changes depending on the type of browser used during the browsing session. All the information to configure or disable cookies in each kind of browser can be found through the following links:
Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=”ie-10″
The user may also manage his/her browser’s cookie store and disable it through tools like: